Whether you’re running a tech startup, where you’ll require open space that encourages collaboration and team meetings, or an accounting firm, where clients might prefer to meet one-on-one, the design of your office is essential.
There are tons of innovative designs and set-ups that have been successfully implemented for office spaces. In this article, we will outline the pros and cons of each of the three most common office buildouts.
Private Workplace Setting
- Privacy. Doors can be closed, and ambient noise kept to a minimum while meeting with clients or co-workers. This enables individuals the ability to focus while working on a task while protecting everyone’s privacy.
- Hygiene. Areas can be sectioned off and cleaned as needed. Not to mention, this setting encourages fewer large groups of individuals gathering.
- Lack of co-worker connection. The private office setting is not well suited for those who crave frequent interaction with others throughout the day.
- Power structures. It can feel like there are meetings going on behind closed doors, which certain employees are being excluded from. This may lead to a “fear of missing out.”
- Bright and vibrant. These offices tend to improve overall worker satisfaction and health. The ability to let in sunlight and not feel as if the worker is confined to a specific area all day tends to be appreciated by all team members.
- Transparency. In this type of setting, communication between teammates and superiors is encouraged.
- Hygiene. With lots of people in an open space, illness can be spread easily.
- Higher rent potential. Because this setting tends to require more space than other set-ups, this may be reflected in higher rent costs.
- Communication. Just like in a collaborative environment, meetings between peers and superiors alike are easily arranged.
- Costs. Construction costs tend to be quite low in these settings, as there is less needed in terms of construction material for walls, barriers, etc.
- Distraction. This setting has the highest potential for distraction due to the large volume of people working in such close proximity.
Privacy. It is very difficult to handle private information in this type of setting.
Hi! We’re Josh and Jolene Baijot, the creators of this website. We’re also Commercial Real Estate Agents in Washington State. Thank you for taking the time to read this blog post. We appreciate your time spent on this site. You can connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, or contact us through this website.